As a global Information Technology source, we are flexible, agile and quick to respond to clients’ computing and infrastructure needs. Information Technology is our passion. We support our client’s business – by increasing profitability through production and employee morale, through results
ORANGE Computers and File Servers, Inc was Founded in Clermont, Florida in 1993. We have defined and improved our business model to facilitate technology into our client’s mission through consulting, planning, budgeting, and training. We are proficient with large scale Technology solutions providing consultancy services to companies and organizations in a variety of commercial markets in locations worldwide. Our IT support focuses on cloud, premise, and hybrid-based solutions, sales, technical support, training, and custom application design, and reporting
- As Technology Partners, our goal is to understand the clients TOTAL business requirement.
- We research, design, test, deploy, integrate and document solutions based on industry standards “best practice”.
- We document production and performance to the entire network infrastructure from cabling to endpoints.
- We build workgroup, database and enterprise level servers, and workstations to the business requirements.
- We do not provide off the shelf hardware solutions
ORANGE Computers is a virtual IT resource
Strengthen Your IT Support Team –Save Time and Money!
ORANGE Computers provides a cost-effective alternative to employing inside IT technicians for a fraction of the cost of a full-time staff technician. Our services provide a comprehensive set of tasks that are specific to our clients business requirements and are designed to increase efficiency while reducing TOC (total cost of computing)
Running a small business and need somebody to take responsibility for the performance of your IT?
Less than the cost of a company staff member, we provide virtual/remote IT Services to your business. We proactively manage and/or design your IT. The changing pace of the IT world is making it increasingly difficult for small businesses to justify having on-staff IT. Our Virtual IT model is a cost-effective solution providing independent, consistent, advice
How Virtual IT will Help Your Business
- Control of IT spending
- Improving efficiency of existing systems
- Identifying new processes and procedures to support business growth
Small businesses by definition faces challenges that larger businesses may not necessarily face. Limitations on the owner’s time, the number of employees, and credit lines shape almost every decision a small business makes, including decisions around technology and IT support
Not very long ago small businesses had to build their own networking infrastructure, and had to accept the fact that they were going to have to carry some of the burdens of maintaining their own IT support
In today’s world that is not the case. Today the concern of comparing the cost of maintaining the infrastructure with its associated IT costs to manage technology does not make financial sense for small businesses to stay in the IT business
There simply is no need. IT support is being delivered as a service. Our recommendation to these small businesses is do not buy infrastructure support unless there is a compelling business case. Buying, owning and supporting your IT infrastructure can add more distractions and variables than it is worth. Preserve capital, and get your IT support on a pay-as-you-go model
In a pay-as-you-go model, there is no significant outlay of capital up front. The business pays for they need, and as the business needs change so can the IT infrastructure. While significant, this capability is not the most compelling reason for small businesses to explore this path. A small business that only needs a few hours of work a month simply cannot justify the expense
Reasons to Consider External IT Support
- When IT is not your core expertise. You are likely making more money building your core business than you do by working on your technology infrastructure. IT infrastructure is necessary to run your business, but that technology infrastructure does not have to be in your building to reap the benefits. The cost of maintaining your own IT support staff to maintain your technology investment cannot be justified
- When you are in startup mode and need to preserve capital. Cash is the lifeblood of business. Pay-as-you-go models are out there today for even the most robust technology needs. You can build your own infrastructure, but in most cases your capital is better spent elsewhere
- When your existing IT infrastructure is dated and impacting the quality/productivity of your business. If your business has been around a while you may very well be experiencing this problem where your technology is beginning to show its age. Compare the cost of replacing your outdated hardware to moving to a hosted model and see if the math makes sense for your business
- When you lack the ability to hire key technology staff to support the applications that your business is built on. Infrastructure cost is one concern, but the long-term IT support costs are typically a bigger concern. If access to key IT support resources is a priority, moving your infrastructure to where the experts are may make more sense than paying for IT support to come to you
- When your technology needs are diverse. It is difficult to hire and provide internal IT support when you have a handful of technologies to support. If your business requires a wide array of IT support services and applications to function, trying to hire the right staff can become problematic. The question typically is one of cost vs. available resources
- When you are in a remote region, or an area lacking resources. Businesses that are not located near a good supply of local IT support or are using a technology not readily available in their market. There is a reason we all do not own our own individual power plants to provide for our electricity needs, the same is true for technology and IT support Explore your options
email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat directly with Michael at (toll free) 866.338.OCFS x1003